Thanks to those of you who participated in episode #4 about healthy vegetarian & vegan diets. I learned a lot while researching this post, and there’s valuable info on omega-3 fatty acids, essential minerals and other nutrition information that’s important for omnivores as well.
All show notes, including my annotated Kindle notes of Amazon’s most popular vegetarian nutrition book (I’m not a fan) are below. Everyone should at least skim through them, there’s a lot of great information/clarification in there.
Episode #5, Dairy: Friend or Foe? is airing on Monday, April 11 at 6:30pm PST. Does milk help or hurt your chances or getting osteoporosis? Does calcium cause prostate cancer? What’s the role of milk in acne? What about raw milk, is it really the holy grail? Join us on Monday to learn the answers.
March 29, 2011 | Episode #4 of Summer Tomato Live. The topic is healthy vegetarian and vegan diets (with lots of interesting nutrition information for omnivores too).
Live participation is only available to subscribers of the newsletter Tomato Slice. You can sign up at any time, even during the show, and the password for participation will be emailed to you immediately.
Read this for more information on the show and newsletter
To watch live and join the discussion click the red “Join event” button, login with Twitter or your Vokle account, and enter the password when prompted.
I encourage you to call in with video questions, particularly if your question is nuanced and may involve a back and forth discussion. Please use headphones to call in however, or the feedback from the show is unbearable.
The show will be recorded and released to the public next week. Show notes are below.
- Healthy Vegetable Sources of Protein and Iron
- Eco-Atkins Diet May Be Healthier Alternative for Weight Loss
- Fish Eaters and Vegetarians Have Less Cancer
- Intact Grains vs. Whole Grains
- Quinoa: Did You Know?
- Fishing For Answers: How To Choose Fish and Seafood
- Latest Study on Vitamin K and Coronary Heart Disease (Whole Health Source)
- The Unconvincing Evidence that Saturated Fat Causes Heart Disease (Raw Food SOS)
- Which Non-Dairy Milk is Best? (Nutrition Diva)
- A caveman and a vegan walk into a bar…
- Summer Tomato Book Review: The China Study
- How (And Why) To Cook And Freeze Large Batches Of Lentils
- How To Cook Dried Beans Using A Pressure Cooker
- Are You Bean Careful?
- How To Cook Perfect Rice Without A Rice Cooker
I hope to see you there!