Huge thanks to my wonderful boyfriend today for stepping up and covering this week’s farmers market while I was home sick. But boy am I sad I missed it.
This week two of my favorite spring treats made their appearance: cherries and fava beans.
And though I’ve always known spring is the best time for lamb, I never dreamed of discovering lamb bacon. LAMB BACON! Holy crap is this stuff good.
Since I wasn’t there I don’t have much more to report. Check out the rest of Kevin’s photos below.
- Lamb bacon (Marin Sun Farms)
- Brisket (Marin Sun Farms)
- Rainbow chard (Star Route Farms)
- Red Russian kale (Star Route Farms)
- Carrots (Star Route Farms)
- Cherries (Twin Girls Farms)
- Strawberries (Catalan Family Farm)
- Artichokes (Iacopi Farm)
- Kohlrabi (Chue’s Farm)
- Daikon (Chue’s Farm)
- Mandarins (Paredez Farms)
Is your spring market open yet?