Why processed foods are so bad, artisan vs grocery store bread, and finding time to cook healthy food – Episode 11 – Summer Tomato Live
This is one of my favorite discussions on health and processed food so far, thanks everyone for your questions. As always, show notes are below.
August 17, 2011 | Episode 11 of Summer Tomato Live will be here tonight at 6pm PST. The format is a little different this week. Instead of covering one topic, I’ll be answering 3 recent subscribers questions. The questions I’ll be answering are:
- What’s the deal with processed foods, why are they so bad?
- Are artisan breads as bad as grocery store breads?
- Cooking healthy food takes me forever. How can I make it quicker and less overwhelming?
Also to celebrate making TIME’s list of best websites, for the rest of the week I’m offering one free month off a new Tomato Slice subscription. So if you’ve been thinking about signing up, now would be a great time.
Read this for more information on the show and newsletter.
To watch live and join the discussion click the red “Join event” button, login with Twitter or your Vokle account, and enter the password when prompted. I encourage you to call in with video questions, particularly if your question is nuanced and may involve a back and forth discussion. Please use headphones to call in however, or the feedback from the show is unbearable.
See you soon!
- In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
- How To Avoid Getting Sick In Flu Season
- How To Cook Perfect Rice Without A Rice Cooker (and make magical rice balls)