Those of you who follow me on Twitter (@summertomato) or my Facebook fan page know I read a lot about food and health. Every week I post dozens of interesting articles and tips I find around the internet, most of which I do not have time to blog about. In the interest of awesomeness (and time) I have decided to start posting my favorite articles from the week every Friday in a new segment, “For The Love of Food.”
For those of you with time constraints or an aversion to social media, this should help you find and prioritize the most worthwhile food and health stories and recipes. It will also free me up to do more in depth research for my Monday and Wednesday posts, something I think we can all appreciate.
I work like mad to keep up with the most interesting news on the web, but I would love your help in this! Please feel free to send me your favorite links and I might include them in Friday’s post (with a shout out, of course!). If you think it is appropriate, you are welcome to send me articles from your own website, but please please please only send me your best material. My time is extremely limited and I hope no one chooses to abuse it by spamming me with every single one of their blog posts. But I do want to see your best work, so send it along!
If you find anything awesome that I missed, go ahead and leave us a link in the comments.
Oh, and since I know you’re wondering, yes I carved that heart out of a red bell pepper myself ;)
For The Love of Food
- Freeze That Thought <<My favorite advice article this week about optimizing your freezer, by Mark Bittman at the New York Times.
- Food, Inc. movie trailer <<Must watch!!!!
- Obesity and the Fastness of Food <<Is how fast we eat making us fat, or are we just not paying enough attention? From Economix blog.
- Did Oprah’s KFC Giveaway Do Us Any Favors? <<In case you were wondering, “grilled” KFC is still junk food. Explained by one of my heroes, Marion Nestle.
- Drink Away Dementia? <<There isn’t enough info about the role of food in cognitive health. I hope all the news is this good! From Medline.
- Process of elimination <<Interesting look at the difficulty of removing processed foods from your diet.
- You Can Lick Your Plate, or in This Case, Your Slab <<Elitist food article of the week from the New York Times. Who knew you could fry an egg on a salt slab? You gotta love it!
- 3 Ways To Increase Traffic With Better Food Photos << For you food bloggers out there, this is great advice from Food Bloggers Unite.
- How Celebrity Chefs Saved Food <<Interesting look at how TV chefs are making real food trendy again, by Zachary Cohen at From Farm to Table
- Crock Pot Vietnamese Pho (Beef Noodle Soup) <<Drool inducing recipe of the week from Steamy Kitchen.
Let us know what you think!