Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly link roundup.
Why you probably don’t need to worry about your love of seafood causing prostate cancer, how health conscious people are tricked by clever packaging, and why I still won’t eat anything from China.
Want to see all my favorite links? Be sure to follow me on on Digg. I also share links at Twitter (@summertomato) and the Summer Tomato Facebook fan page. I’m very active on all these sites and would love to connect with you.
Links of the week
- Is Fish Oil Linked to Prostate Cancer? <<A few people emailed me in a panic this week about new data on fish consumption and prostate cancer. Here the lovely Denise Minger describes why there’s no need to worry just yet. (Mark’s Daily Apple)
- Is Coconut Water Worth It? <<I love Dr. Weil’s take on the new coconut water trend. Anyone who has tasted the real stuff knows the difference. (Dr. Weil’s Blog)
- Big Sugar Sues Big Corn Over “Corn Sugar” Ad Campaign For HFCS <<BS of the week. Two big producers of dangerous foods are battling in court to see who deserves to trick you the most. Don’t fall for it. (Consumerist)
- Dieters can get out of ‘healthy’ food trap by checking ingredients <<I mentioned recently in office hours that the only thing I look at on packaging is the ingredients. Looks like that’s a pretty good idea. (Los Angeles Times)
- Interval Training and Healthy Eating Is Solution to Obesity, Study Shows <<Encouraging news about lifestyle approaches to weight loss. (Science Daily)
- Eating Healthily for $3 a Day <<It’s a common misunderstanding that healthy eating is expensive. It certainly doesn’t have to be. (Mike Turitzin)
- Why China Struggles with Food Safety <<I don’t eat anything from China, and I won’t until they get these issues resolved. (Wall Street Journal)
- Coca-Cola not ready to drop bisphenol A in can linings <<Yep, it’s even in Diet Coke cans. (The Vancouver Sun)
- Fish Livers Contain Beneficial Fatty Acids, Study Suggests <<Hooray for organ meats! (Science Daily)
- Chicken Piccata <<This looks so good I think I’m going to have to make it this weekend. Yum! (Chez Us)
What inspired you this week?