Rather than my usual farmers market adventure on Saturday I attended the BlogHer Food conference here in San Francisco. But don’t panic. I still have plenty of kale and other greens from the Mission Bay farmers market last Wednesday (I knew this was coming). If I need more vegetables I’ll make a run over to Bi-Rite Market in a few days.
The BlogHer Food conference was fantastic and I met some incredible foodies and bloggers. The food we were served though was, um, not so incredible. But I don’t want to be too harsh on them since whatever they were lacking in vegetables, they totally made up for with chocolate.
I came home with a sizable bag full of Scharffen Berger chocolate bars (and some Massa Organics brown rice!). But the food highlights were definitely at the after party where Elizabeth Faulkner of Citizen Cake served my favorite After Midnight cakes and Foodzie had piles of delicious treats and confections. (The lighting in there was non-existent, so you’ll have to use your imaginations to visualize them.)
It’s not normally my style to eat nothing but dessert all day, but somehow I think I’ll survive. As you can imagine though I am very much looking forward to eating healthy for the rest of the week!
I’d also like to give some shout outs to some of the awesome people I met.
Check out their blogs and tell them I say hi!
- Stephanie Quilao from Noshtopia (and Back In Skinny Jeans)
- Allison Arevalo from Local Lemons
- Emily Olson and Susie Wyshak from Foodzie
- Amy Sherman from Cooking With Amy (thanks for the ticket Amy!)
- Jill Nussinow aka The Veggie Queen
- Karen Merzenich from Off the (meat) hook
- Matt Armendariz from Matt Bites
- Heidi Swanson from 101 Cookbooks
- Michelle Weber from Thursday Night Smackdown
- Cheryl D Lee from Black Girl Chef’s Whites
- Elise Bauer from Simply Recipes
- Lisa Johnson from Anali’s First Amendment
- Kate Wheeler from Savour Fare
- Stephanie Stiavettei from Wasabimon
- Heather in SF
- Helen Dujardin at Tartelette
- David Lebovitz and his Sweet Life In Paris
- Jayden Hair from Steamy Kitchen
- Ree Drummond from The Pioneer Woman
If I missed anyone please leave your links in the comments!