There is so much exciting news I don’t know where to start. Today I’m debuting the very first Summer Tomato videocast! This week instead of writing about my experience I’m giving you a video tour of some of my favorite places and things at the San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. The last 5 minutes is a live run down of what I brought home with me and why I bought it.
As my skills improve I’m sure my videos will as well, but please let me know what you think in the comments section of this post. In particular, let me know what works for you, what doesn’t, and if there is any specific content you would like me to address in future videos.
The other exciting news is that the first cherries of the season have arrived! When I see stone fruits I know that warmer weather is on the way and summer is right around the corner. Few things could make me happier.
- Cherries (Twin Girl Farms)
- Chard (Capay Organics)
- Yellow tomatoes (Bruins Farms)
- Basil (Chue’s Farm)
- Cilantro (Chue’s Farm)
- Thumbalina carrots (Eatwell Farms)
- Strawberries (Dirty Girl Produce)
- Breakfast radishes (Marin Roots Farm)
- Scapes (Marin Roots Farm)
- Torpedo onions (Everything Under the Sun)
- Tatsoi (Star Route Farms)
- Arugula (Star Route Farms)
- Frisee (Star Route Farms)
- Limes (Bernard Ranches)
- Tangelos (Hamada Farms)
- Meyer lemons (Hamada Farms)
- Mediterranean cucumbers (Madison Growers)
- Ramps (Far West Fungi)
- Eggs (Soul Food/Prather Ranch)