Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly link roundup.
This week learn the best ways to prevent cancer, why Michelle Obama should talk more about cooking and the reason heating oil is not dangerous. Also, catch Eric Schlosser of Fast Food Nation and Food, Inc. on The Colbert Report.
Submissions of your own best food and health articles are also welcome, just drop me an email using the contact form.
For The Love of Food
- KFC No Longer Permitted To Use Word ‘Eat’ In Advertisements <<Brilliant. Just Brilliant (from The Onion). Take that KFC!!
- Want to Stop Cancer? You Can, Experts Say <<National Institute of Cancer Research explains why your habits are the most important factor determining your cancer risk.
- The Commander in Chef <<Interesting look at how Michelle Obama could contribute to the healthy eating movement by promoting cooking at home (from New York Times).
- Does cooking with oil create trans fats? <<Monica Reinagel at Nutrition Data dispels the rumor that heating oils is bad for you. It’s not!
- 8 Ways to Feel Full While Eating LESS <<Great pointers for practicing mindful eating from Basil and Spice.
- How to Lose Weight by Eating More <<Read carefully, this article does not contradict the previous one. Healthstyle philosophy at work from Dumb Little Man.
- If you’re looking for the truth about fructose, why would you design a study this way? <<Monica did such a nice job calling out this study that I’m giving her credit for finding the B.S. of the Week. Don’t blame fructose, all sugar is bad (at Nutrition Data),
- Farmers markets bloom at hospitals <<Bringing health to the sick, hospitals turning to farmers markets over fast food chains (from CNN)
- Eric Schlosser, author of Fast Food Nation and co-producer of Food, Inc. made an appearance on The Colbert Report. Watch to learn how to get super powers from genetically modified corn.
The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c Eric Schlosser Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor Keyboard Cat