Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly link roundup.
This week cavemen actually did eat beans, dairy fat is surprisingly healthy, how God can help you lose weight and so much more. I found an abnormal number of fantastic articles this week, so definitely don’t skip this round.
Want to see all my favorite links? (There’s lots more). Be sure to follow me on on Delicious. I also share links on Twitter @summertomato, Google+ and the Summer Tomato Facebook page. I’m very active on all these sites and would love to connect with you. (And yes, I took that pepper heart pic myself).
Links of the week
- Beans, Lentils, and the Paleo Diet <<Hey guess what? Cavemen ate beans and lentils and they’re perfectly healthy if you cook them properly. *snickers smugly* (Whole Health Source)
- Should You Be Eating High-Fat Dairy? <<If you can tolerate the lactose, the answer is probably yes. This is one of the best summaries of dairy and fat I’ve ever seen. Just be careful of the industrial stuff that is pumped full of hormones and can cause acne. (Mark’s Daily Apple)
- Bad Eating Habits Start in the Womb <<Are you a picky eater? Blame your mom. Then buck up and do something about it. (NY Times)
- How I Learned to Stop Procrastinating, & Love Letting Go <<I love this. I think it applies just as well to food. With practice you can learn to let go of the unhealthy habits that you use as a crutch to avoid dealing with your real problems. (Zen Habits)
- The Diet From God <<I explain in Foodist that one of the most effective ways to improve your eating habits is to have a reason that is bigger and more meaningful than you or your skinny jeans. It seems many Christians are starting to find that “serving God” is excellent motivation. (The Atlantic)
- Sex as Exercise <<Sexercise much? (NY Times)
- Chew more, eat less? It could work, study suggests <<Note that the participants both ate less and were just as satisfied with less food. Portion control without deprivation. Hi-yo! (Medline)
- Why a Brisk Walk Is Better <<Walking is good. Walking faster is better. Pick up the pace kids! (NY Times)
- 5 overlooked ways exercise improves your life <<It isn’t all about flat tummies and perky backsides. In fact, that’s the last thing on my mind when I head to the gym. I go for the…. (Treehugger)
- parsley leaf potatoes <<These are the most adorable potatoes I have ever seen, and simple as can be. Don’t be a carbophobe. (smitten kitchen)
What inspired you this week?