Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly link roundup.
Why you shouldn’t tweet and eat, fake chicken is not ethical and orange juice isn’t good for you.
Want to see all my favorite links? Be sure to follow me on on Digg. I also share links on Twitter (@summertomato), Google+ and the Summer Tomato Facebook page. I’m very active on all these sites and would love to connect with you.
Links of the week
- Shout it From the Rooftops: Juice is Not Natural <<I’m going to continue posting articles about Tropicana until people stop asking me about it, which will probably be never. (Obesity Panacea)
- The Dangers of Tweeting While Eating <<Some data on all that mindful eating stuff I keep talking about. (Men’s Health)
- A Chicken Without Guilt <<BS of the week. I’m no supporter of industrial or inhumane animal farms, but to propose that a product made from Monsanto’s GMO soy beans is ethical is just ignorant. I’m super disappointed in Mark Bittman for this. (New York Times)
- Walking May Lessen the Influence of Genes On Obesity by Half <<Your health is a reflection of both nature and nurture. Never throw in the towel just because you think you have “bad genes.” (ScienceDaily)
- Reinventing the Office: How to Lose Fat and Increase Productivity at Work <<Some really innovative ideas here about how to create a healthier office space. Love it. (Tim Ferriss)
- Reasons That Vitamin D May Matter <<Nothing revolutionary here, but if you need a primer on why myself and many others recommend vitamin D supplements for many people this is a decent explanation. (New York Times)
- Food Is Important <<This is a cool story, well worth reading. (Michael Ruhlman)
- What the Grave of a Listeria Cantaloupe Victim Looks Like <<Proof that industrial produce can be (and often is) just as dangerous as industrial meats. (Bill Marler)
- BREAKFAST TACOS WITH AVOCADO RADISH SALSA <<I met Kimberley last weekend at the Edible Institute conference in Santa Barbara, and I’m already in love with her blog. (The Year In Food)
What inspired you this week?