The moment we’ve all been waiting for has finally come. The first strawberries of the season have arrived! And what a day for them to appear.
Today is easily the most beautiful we’ve had so far this year in SF. Of course this means my pictures didn’t turn out as well, since there was too much light. But it also meant I made my first salad of 2010!
Warm sunshine always inspires me to make salad, but the appearance of cucumbers, sugar snap peas and these adorable bolero carrots helped too.
Beyond these new additions, the selection this week at the farmers market wasn’t too different from last week. I’m going take this opportunity to cut this post a bit short and go enjoy the beautiful day. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
- Bloomsdale spinach (Star Route Farms)
- Sugar snap peas (Chue’s Farm)
- Broccolini (Chue’s Farm)
- Bolero carrots (Dirty Girl Produce)
- Mediterranean cucumbers (McGinnis Ranch)
- Swiss chard (Iacopi Farm)
- Asparagus (Zuckerman’s Farm)
- Purple kale (Capay Organics)
- Eggs (Marin Sun Farms)
- Beef hot dogs (Prather Ranch)
Are there strawberries at your market yet?