After a long winter of thick kale and collards, it is easy to forget how delicate greens can be. Now you can get almost all your favorite greens with the flowers or sprouts still attached. Until today, I didn’t even know you could buy arugula flowers to eat. If that isn’t elitist, I don’t know what is.
Apparently I also found the “only heirloom navel” oranges at Bernard Ranches today. I didn’t buy any, but it sure sounded cool.
I’m also excited to finally try the Black Calypso beans from Rancho Gordo. But I also decided that next time I buy beans it is going to be from Tierra Vegetables. They have slightly different varieties and they look absolutely beautiful.
- Assorted wild kale (Marin Roots Farm)
- Assorted wild broccoli (Marin Roots Farm)
- Carrots (Star Route Farm)
- Aspargus (Zuckerman’s Farm)
- Fennel (Chue’s Farm)
- Green garlic (Chue’s Farm)
- Broccoli rabe (Chue’s Farm)
- Black Calypso beans (Rancho Gordo)
- Meyer lemons (Hamada Farms)
- Clementines (Hamada Farms)
- Kiwi (Four Sisters Farms)
- Midnight Moon (Cowgirl Creamery)
- Chevre (Cowgirl Creamery)
- Lots of chocolate (Scharffen Berger)
- Sour baguette and pain epi (Acme Bread)
What are your favorite spring greens?